There is a case to be made for the continued need to sharpen the leadership ability of youth and young adults. In the Bible, there is a scripture found in 1 Samuel 22:1-2 that shares how David was not yet the leader of Israel and was on the run. In a cave in Adullam, David along with a group of potential leaders gathered in hiding. They were hidden, unrecognized, and without the spotlight, but would soon be the leaders of the nation.
There are youth and young adults whose abilities are hidden and unrecognized but within them is greatness. Currently, this component of the Faith for the City collection of programs is integrated within the Academic & Arts enrichment program with the young adult MBSYEP program, through our Bi-monthly community conversations broadcast on our YouTube page, and through workshop and contracted services to organizations that serve youth.
The services offered include the following subjects/curriculum:
- Communication and Conflict management Skills
- Workplace Etiquette & Code Switching
- Personal Qualities & Work Ethics (The “Kobe Lesson”)
- Time Management
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
- What Kind of Leader are You? (Discovering the various leadership styles)
- Be A Follower? Giving Followership a New Image